Resident Letting Agent Licence (Q)
Resident Letting Agent Licence
Under the Property Occupations Act 2014 all people undertaking the functions of a resident letting agent in Queensland must hold a current resident letting agent licence.
You do not need to be currently employed in the industry in order to undertake the course.
A resident letting agent licence allows you to:
- rent out and manage units in a building complex (on behalf of the owners and body corporate)
- collect rents in the complex
- operate a trust account.
Restrictions - On this licence, you must:
- hold current body corporate approval for each building complex you manage
- have a registered office in one of the building complexes you manage
- have a licensed person in charge at each place of business
- appoint a substitute licensee whenever you are absent from work
- not sell any units in the complex you manage unless you hold a real estate agent licence.
Applying for a licence
- meet the eligibility criteria
- complete the training requirements and attach proof of qualifications
- complete the new licence application form
- provide originals or certified copies of documents to the Queensland governemnt
- provide two certified, passport-quality photos of yourself
- pay the licence fee (see regulatory body website for current fee)
- pay the criminal history check fee
- supply a copy of the registered survey plans of your residential complexes, if more than one complex
- supply written proof of body corporate’s approval for you to carry on the letting business at the complex
- lodge the application (see the application form for lodgement details).
Further information on successful application can be found at the Queensland Government website.
Course content and outcome
Successful completion of this course will provide you with the prescribed training requirements needed for application of a resident letting agent licence with the Queensland Government
The following competencies must be completed:
- BSBSMB406 Manage small business finances
- CPPDSM4006A Establish and manage agency trust accounts
- CPPDSM4007A Identify legal and ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4010A Lease property
- CPPDSM4015B Minimise agency and consumer risk
- CPPDSM4016A Monitor and manage lease or tenancy agreement
The above units specify the following outcomes:-
- meet the core legal and ethical requirements associated with property management.
- source and interpret legislation affecting real estate operations
- administer the leasing of all types of property.
- minimise risk to all aspects of agency business and to consumers.
- manage properties during the term of leases or tenancy agreements.
The maximum nominal hours to complete the 6 competencies are 239. Students undertaking the course may take approximately 2 to 4 weeks to finish, however, there is no time restriction, and students may choose to complete studies sooner or to take longer.
A statement of attainment will be issued to students upon completion of the course.
The NSW Real Estate Training College is a leading provider of training in both the NSW and QLD real estate industry offering flexible online learning where students study in their own time, at their own pace. All course material is accessible via our website ensuring students receive the latest most up to date information.
Training and assessment
There is a combination of assessment tasks that require written responses and include:-
- multiple choice questions
- short answer questions
- and a combination of the following:-
- case study
- written demonstration
- workplace project
Assessment is competency based. Competency-based assessment is largely activity-based and practical. However, competence also implies that an individual demonstrates an understanding of the knowledge that is the basis of the practical task being carried out.
Students are assessed according to whether or not they have achieved the performance criteria for each element specified in the units of competency they are undertaking. This method of assessment judges performance against a prescribed standard, not against other students. Students are assessed as 'competent' or 'not yet competent'.
It is the responsibility of the assessor to ensure all aspects of the assessment process are
Assessment is conducted within approximately 48 hours of submission.
Completed assignment may be uploaded onto the website for marking (there is an 8MB upload limit), emailed or posted to the College.
Recognition of prior learning
You may be eligible for recognition of prior learning (RPL). RPL is the formal recognition that your current knowledge and skills meet the requirements of a given unit of competency. It does not matter how you achieved your current level of knowledge and competence – formal training, on-the-job training, self-study, work experience, life experience. What does matter is that you are able to provide evidence that your knowledge and competence meet the requirements of a particular unit of competency (competency standard). When you have provided this evidence and it has been accepted as proving your knowledge and skill in a particular area, you will be given credit for a specific competency without having to engage in further study.
For further information, please review the RPL application form located in main menu.
Client support services
If you find you need assistance you are welcome to contact us by email, telephone 02 9987 2322 or chat. We provide mentoring service and assistance in the areas of language, literacy and numeracy.
Macdonald Education Pty Limited (trading as The NSW Real Estate training College) is committed to protecting the privacy of all of our students. When handling personal information we act in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
How to enrol
- Create a new account, or log on if you have a username and password
- click on the course name and Submit payment
- Complete an enrolment form (located in the main menu)
Need more information
For further information on the College, programmes offered and College policies please refer to the ‘Student Handbook’ located in main menu of our website.
Or call us on 02 9987 2322.
Course Cost: $495.00
Create Your Future Register & Enrol Now!