The NSW Real Estate Training College is a leading provider of training in the QLD and NSW real estate industry offering flexible online learning where students study in their own time, at their own pace. All course material is accessible via our website ensuring students receive the latest most up to date information.
Real Estate Agent (Business Letting)
Under the Property Occupations Act all people undertaking the functions of a real estate agent (business letting) in Queensland must hold a current limited real estate agents licence.
You do not need to be currently employed in the industry in order to undertake the course.
A real estate agent (business letting) licence allows you to:
- lease out businesses
- handle interests in businesses
- collect rents.
Applying for a licence
To apply for a real estate agent (business letting) licence:
- meet the eligibility criteria
- complete the training requirements and attach proof of qualifications
- Complete the application formand provide formal identification.
- Your identification must be a certified copy of any of the following documents:
- Birth certificate or extract
- Driver's licence
- Citizenship certificate
You will need to pay certain fees when you lodge your application. These include:
- the licence fee for 1 year or 3 years
- a criminal history check fee
You will also need to attach your proof of qualifications.
Further information on successful application can be found at the Office of Fair Trading website.
Course content and outcome
Successful completion of this course will provide you with the prescribed training requirements needed for application of a limited real estate agents licence (Business Letting) with the Queensland Government.
The following competencies must be completed:
- CPPDSM4010A Lease property
- CPPDSM4011A List property for lease
- CPPDSM4013A Market property for lease
- CPPDSM4016A Monitor and manage lease or tenancy agreement
The above units specify the following outcomes:-
- administer the leasing of all types of property.
- list all types of property and businesses for lease.
- market all types of property and businesses for lease.
- manage properties during the term of leases or tenancy agreements.
The maximum nominal hours to complete the 4 competencies are 120. Students undertaking the course may take approximately 2 to 4 weeks to finish, however, there is no time restriction, students may choose to complete studies sooner or to take longer.
A statement of attainment will be issued to students upon completion of the course.Delivery mode
The NSW Real Estate Training College is a leading provider of training in both the NSW and QLD real estate industry offering flexible online learning where students study in their own time, at their own pace. All course material is accessible via our website ensuring students receive the latest most up to date information.
Training and assessment
There is a combination of assessment tasks that require written responses and include:-
- multiple choice questions
- short answer questions
- and either 1 or 2 of the following:-
- case study
- written demonstration
- workplace project
Assessment is competency based.Competency-based assessment is largely activity-based and practical. However, competence also implies that an individual demonstrates an understanding of the knowledge that is the basis of the practical task being carried out.
Students are assessed according to whether or not they have achieved the performance criteria for each element specified in the units of competency they are undertaking. This method of assessment judges performance against a prescribed standard, not against other students. Students are assessed as 'competent' or 'not yet competent'.
It is the responsibility of the assessor to ensure all aspects of the assessment process are
Assessment is conducted within approximately 48 hours of submission.
Completed assignment may be uploaded onto the website for marking, emailed or posted to the College.
Legislative and Licensing Requirements
To be eligible for a real estate agent licence (business letting), you must:
- be 18 years or over
- be a suitable person
- have at least one place of business in Queensland
- have completed the required training units through a registered training organisation.
An individual is considered suitable if they have not been:
- convicted in the previous five years of a serious offence which is punishable by 3 or more years imprisonment, such as:
- fraud and dishonesty
- drug trafficking
- unlawful stalking
- violence or the threat of using violence
- any offence of a sexual nature
- disqualified from holding a licence or registration certificate
- recorded in the register of disqualified company directors under the Corporations Act 2001.
To register with the Office of QLD Fair Trading there is an application fee of $1377.30 for 1 year or $2582.30 for 3 years (as of July 2017).
Recognition of prior learning
You may be eligible for recognition of prior learning (RPL). RPL is the formal recognition that your current knowledge and skills meet the requirements of a given unit of competency. It does not matter how you achieved your current level of knowledge and competence – formal training, on-the-job training, self study, work experience, life experience. What does matter is that you are able to provide evidence that your knowledge and competence meet the requirements of a particular unit of competency (competency standard). When you have provided this evidence and it has been accepted as proving your knowledge and skill in a particular area, you will be given credit for a specific competency without having to engage in further study.
For further information, please review the RPL application form located in main menu.
Client support services
If you find you need assistance you are welcome to contact us by email or take advantage of our 24 hour, 7 days a week student phone support. We provide mentoring service and assistance in the areas of language, literacy and numeracy.
Macdonald Education Pty Limited (trading as The NSW Real Estate training College) is committed to protecting the privacy of all of our students. When we handle personal information we act in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
How to enrol
- Create a new account, or log on if you have a username and password
- Submit payment
- Complete an enrolment form (located in the main menu)
Need more information
For further information on the College, programmes offered and College policies, please refer to the ‘Student Handbook’ located in main menu of our website.
Or call us on 02 9987 2322.
Course Cost: $395.00