Chattel Auctioneer (QLD)
The NSW Real Estate Training College is a leading provider of training in the real estate industry offering flexible online learning where students study in their own time, at their own pace. All course material is accessible via our website ensuring students receive the latest most up to date information.
You must have a current licence to work as a chattel auctioneer. This includes auctions of:
- cars or other motor vehicles
- livestock or agricultural equipment
- art or collectibles
- any other items except real estate.
To get a licence, you will need to apply to the Queensland Government.
A chattel auctioneer licence allows you to:
- conduct an auction of any chattels
- sell the chattels by any means during the auction period.
You can work alone, with others or as an employee of:
- a chattel auctioneer
- a motor dealer.
Please note: you don't need a licence to run a charity auction if you don't receive reward (payment) for it.
You must not auction any real estate without an auctioneer (real property) licence.
Applying for a licence
- meet the eligibility criteria
- complete the training requirements and attach proof of qualifications
- complete a New licence application
- provide originals or certified copies of your birth certificate, birth extract, passport, Australian citizenship certificate or drivers licence (see below for advice on getting certified copies)
- provide certified, passport-quality photos of yourself
- pay the licence fee of $1377.30 for one year or $2582.30 for three years (as of July 2017)
- pay the criminal history check fee of $38.60
- lodge the application
Further information on successful application can be found at the Queensland Government website.
Course content and outcome
Successful completion of this course will provide you with the prescribed training requirements needed for application of an chattel auctioneer licence with the Queensland Government.
The following competencies must be completed:
- BSBSMB406 Manage small business finances
- CPPDSM4004A Conduct Auction
- CPPDSM4006A Establish and manage agency trust accounts
- CPPDSM4019A Prepare for auction and complete sale
The above units specify the following outcomes:
- conducting the auction in line with agency practice, ethical standards and legislative requirements
- establish and manage trust accounts in an agency context.
- market all types of property and businesses for sale.
- prepare for an auction and complete the sale of property.
- prepare and conduct a clearing sale or auction of goods, chattels or equipment
The maximum nominal hours to complete the 4 competencies are 140. Students undertaking the course may take approximately 2 to 6 weeks to finish, however, there is no time restriction, students may choose to complete studies sooner or to take longer.
A statement of attainment will be issued to students upon completion of the course.
The NSW Real Estate Training College is a leading provider of training for the real estate industry offering flexible online learning where students study in their own time, at their own pace. All course material is accessible via our website ensuring students receive the latest most up to date information.
Training and assessment
There is a combination of assessment tasks that require written responses and include:
- multiple choice questions
- short answer questions
- and a combination of the following:
- case study
- written demonstration
- workplace project
Assessment is competency based. Competency-based assessment is largely activity-based and practical. However, competence also implies that an individual demonstrates an understanding of the knowledge that is the basis of the practical task being carried out.
Students are assessed according to whether they have achieved the performance criteria for each element specified in the units of competency they are undertaking. This method of assessment judges performance against a prescribed standard, not against other students. Students are assessed as 'competent' or 'not yet competent'.
It is the responsibility of the assessor to ensure all aspects of the assessment process are:
Assessment is conducted within approximately 48 hours of submission.
Completed assignment may be uploaded onto the website for marking – there is a 8MB upload limited, or emailed or posted to the College.
Recognition of prior learning
You may be eligible for recognition of prior learning (RPL). RPL is the formal recognition that your current knowledge and skills meet the requirements of a given unit of competency. It does not matter how you achieved your current level of knowledge and competence – formal training, on-the-job training, self-study, work experience, life experience. What does matter is that you are able to provide evidence that your knowledge and competence meet the requirements of a particular unit of competency (competency standard). When you have provided this evidence and it has been accepted as proving your knowledge and skill in a particular area, you will be given credit for a specific competency without having to engage in further study.
For further information, please review the RPL application form located in main menu.
Client support services
If you find you need assistance you are welcome to contact us by email, online chat or take advantage of our 24 hour, 7 days a week student phone support. We provide mentoring service and assistance in the areas of language, literacy and numeracy.
Macdonald Education Pty Limited (trading as The NSW Real Estate Training College) is committed to protecting the privacy of all of our students. When we handle personal information, we act in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
How to enrol
- Create a new account, or log on if you have a username and password
- Submit payment
- Complete an enrolment form (located in the main menu)
Need more information
For further information on the College, programmes offered and College policies, please refer to the 'Student Handbook' located in main menu of our website.
Or call us on 02 9987 2322.
Create Your Future ~ Register & Enrol Now!
- Teacher: Darrell Brady